RESPONSIBILITIES OF HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT
- To achieve the maximum efficiency in ensuring the care and comfort of guests & in the smooth functioning of the department.
- To establish a welcoming atmosphere.
- To ensure courteousness, reliable service from all staff to the guest.
- To ensure a high standard of cleanliness and general upkeep in all areas for which the department is responsible.
provide linen in rooms, restaurants, banquet halls, conference halls,
health clubs, etc, as well as to maintain an inventory for the same.
- To provide uniforms for all the staff & maintain inventory for the same.
- To Cater to the laundering requirements of hotel linen, staff uniforms, and guests.
- To provide & maintain the floral decorations and to maintain the landscaped areas of the hotel.
- To select the right contractors & ensure the quality of work is maintained.
- To co-ordinate renovation and refurnishing of the property in consultation with the management & with interior designers.
co-ordinate with the purchasing department for the procurement of guest
supplies, cleaning agents, equipment, fabrics, carpets, & other
items used in the hotel.
- To deal with lost & found articles.
- Carpet shampooing.
- Dealing with any guest queries, complaints & requests as they occur.
- To keep the general manager or administrator informed of all matters requiring attention.