FRONT OFFICE MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
PLANNING AND EVALUATING FRONT OFFICE OPERATION:
- Planning: At the planning stage, the front office manager shall determine the department’s goals. Later, the front office manager shall use these goals as a guide for planning more specific and measurable objectives. Lastly, the front office manager shall determine the strategies and tactics to reach these objectives.
- Organizing: The front office manager shall organize the work to be done through dividing it among staff members. While doing so, the work shall be distributed fairly and shall be completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinating: Involves bringing together and using the available resources to attain planned goals.
- Staffing: Involves recruiting applicants, selecting those best qualifies for positions, and scheduling employees.
- Leading: Involves overseeing, motivating, training, disciplining, and setting an example for the front office.
- Controlling: Ensures that the actual results of operations closely match planned results.
- Evaluating: Determines the extent to which planned goals are, in fact, attained. Moreover, it involves reviewing and, when necessary, revising or helping to revise front office goals.
You can also check :- PLANNING AND ORGANISING THE HOUSE KEEPING DEPARTMENT
In this video you will see how front office department works, or a reception department in 5 star hotel works.