“More of protective clothing than uniform.” The chef’s uniform consists of the following:
• Keeps the head cool and prevents the hair from falling into the food.
• Cotton/cloth caps are difficult to maintain whereas, paper caps are disposable hence they are neat.
• The number of pleats on the chef cap indicates the number of ways in which an egg can be prepared.
• Absorbs sweat.
• Protects the chest and front.
• Easy to remove overhead or sideways.
• Cotton cloth buttons – heat resistant.
• Below knee level.
• Double protection prevents the jacket & trousers from becoming dirty.
Cotton checked trousers.
• Double shade hides the dirt.
• Identifies designation.